Thursday, June 23, 2011

Brimfield, Brimfield, Brimfield

No matter what sort of treasure makes your heart skip a beat, it's more than likely somewhere in the fields in Brimfield, Massachusetts. The show springs up in the middle of this quaint New England town for six glorious days each May, July and October.
There is a frenzied excitement each day with new fields full of dealers opening each day. And the crazy thing is, many of the fields open at daybreak or before. Shoppers are literally shopping by flashlight. And yes, there are lines to get into these fields forming hours before the scheduled opening. But, look out when the gate opens, it,s like the running of the bulls with everyone trying to get in at once. Crazy fun, but if you're afraid of crowds you might just want to wait a few minutes to go in.
This was Deidre and Amanda's first trip and it didn't take more than a matter of minutes for them to make their first purchases.

Dee had to have that lovely green hat without much encouragement from her sister or the charming sellers for the mad hatters. These two men were so sweet, the girls said they were their favorite vendors all week. I think Dee made a fabulous choice. She has been wearing vintage hats since she was about five years old.

Later in the week Amanda had to try it on as well. Simply lovely!

Now, let's get to some photos of the shows...

These chairs were just yummy. They sold immediately after the show opened. Oh well, they would have made it a tight fit in my luggage.

This little gem of a home was truly one of my favorite things at the show. Price tag? $6.000.00. I wonder if it sold. And who was the lucky little girl who grew up with this beauty in her room? And who could part with it?

I loved this booth. It was so serene. Everything was to die for. The large white arched pieces again, were already sold . But there was plenty of other treasures to see.

I wish I had gotten the name of the dealer who had these two ladies for sale. Just perfect, don't you agree?

There is so much more I have to share, so stay tuned.

Smiles,

Carol

1 comment:

Jan Thomason said...

I loved seeing all of the trims on the short, squatty spools. Those were my favorite things.

I saw your comment on my blog this evening and am dying to find out where you live to know My Heart's Cottage and Whimsy's! I don't know anyone in the area that is like me - a junker. So, I'm anxious to learn about you.

I live outside of Center Point which is 10 miles from Comfort.

Warmly, Jan